Advanced Placement Summer Institutes (APSI)
Kennesaw State University (KSU) and The A.T.O.M.S. Center is proud to host one of metropolitan Atlanta’s best Advanced Placement Summer Institute experiences! We offer competitive prices, decorated faculty and multiple sessions in a convenient four day format. All workshops are Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 5 PM. Benefits also include buffet lunch daily, and discounts at local hotels.
This program is design for Honors, Pre-AP® and AP® teachers of all experience levels in the arts, humanities, mathematics and sciences. All high school teachers and college faculty looking to learn more about AP courses are encouraged to participate.
College-Board Endorsed AP® Institutes will provide:
- An examination of the content of the AP® curriculum for each course and a study of effective teaching methods for facilitating student cognitive growth.
- Research based strategies and extensive hands-on activities will be incorporated into the instruction.
- Lessons, textbooks, resources, lunch, snacks, parking and certificate of completion are included in the registration fee.
- 30 in-class hours resulting in 3 Professional Learning Units.
Session I is July 9-12, 2018
- AP CALCULUS AB
- AP CHEMISTRY*
- AP COMPUTR SCIENCE
- AP COMPUTER SCIENCE PRINCIPLES
- AP ECOMONICS (COMBINED)
- AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMPOSITION
- AP GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS - US
- AP HUMAN GEOGRAPHY
- AP SPANISH
- AP STATISTICS
Session II is July 16-19, 2018
- AP BIOLOGY*
- AP CALCULUS BC
- AP ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE*
- AP PHYSICS*
- SP PSYCHOLOGY
*Course requires a lab fee.
HOW TO REGISTER
- If paying by check, you may register online using the Qualtrics link below or download the PDF version
of the application form at the bottom of this page. If using Qualtrics, please fill
in your registration information and then contact me to invoice your school or district.
If using the PDF application, please scan and email, fax or mail in the application.
If you are not paying by personal check, please contact me to invoice your school
or district for payment.
Applications are only considered complete once the registration fee is received. You may fax application to: (470) 578-9015 or mail to address below.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Make Checks payable to: The A.T.O.M.S. Center
Mail in registration fee to:
Kennesaw State University
College of Science and Mathematics
ATTN: Kelley McDonald
105 Marietta Drive, MD 1301
Kennesaw, GA 30144
- To pay by credit card, USE THIS LINK: KSU Mall
Cancellation and Refunds
If you are unable to attend the conference, please contact your school district's accountant. A letter requesting cancellation and refund from the person or the organization that issued the check must be submitted before June 1, 2018 to the A.T.O.M.S. Center. After this date, no refund will be made. For additional questions, please contact the Program Coordinator.
- If paying by check, you may register online using the Qualtrics link below or download the PDF version of the application form at the bottom of this page. If using Qualtrics, please fill in your registration information and then contact me to invoice your school or district. If using the PDF application, please scan and email, fax or mail in the application. If you are not paying by personal check, please contact me to invoice your school or district for payment.
The APSI Programs will take place at Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw Campus at the A.T.O.M.S. Center. Directions and parking »
The Registration fee is $765.00 for non-lab fee courses and $815.00 for courses that have associated lab fees. Late Registration of $865.00 for non-lab courses and $915.00 for lab-based courses may be accepted from June 25th until June 29th.
Registration will close on June 29, 2018.
Please note that participants registering late may not receive all course material by the time the course begins. Course materials will have already been ordered. College Board materials can be late ordered, but may arrive after the course. Each Institute will be limited to 22 participants. If the Institute is full, you will be contacted by the Institute Director. You may withdraw your registration and receive a refund or you will be placed on the waiting list.
Participants who were on the waiting list who never had a chance to attend the Institute will receive a complete refund after the institute is over. No refunds will be given if the registrant fails to attend the Institute. There is a group discount for districts that have multiple attendees.
AP® Teacher Scholarships
The College Board offers numerous scholarships for teachers in AP Computer Science Principles, Redesigned Courses, and Underrepresented Populations. For more information, please check out the AP® CollegeBoard website »